Knowing how to shave your own mustache is useful to avoid having to ask for an appointment at an aesthetic center for a professional to do it. The area of the upper lip is not difficult to eliminate . In addition, you will save time and money if you do it yourself at home. There are several techniques to achieve it. In comodepilarse.info we explain everything you need to know to eliminate this unsightly hair.
- 1 Plucking the mustache in women – discover how to do it
- 2 How to depilate the mustache at home without wax
- 3 Permanent hair removal of facial hair
Plucking the mustache in women – discover how to do it
It is common to have hair in the upper lip area of women. This type of hair, which is also erroneously called bozo, is very annoying and unsightly. Although most women opt for wax, there are different techniques to eliminate this hair so annoying. Next, we explain how to pluck the mustache women using different methods.
Waxing the mustache with wax
There are several methods to eliminate facial hair. But the most effective and durable is this. In a matter of minutes, you will get rid of the unsightly mustache that bothers you so much. Now, it is important to follow these tips so as not to make a mess when it comes to learning how to wax your mustache at home with wax.
You use hot or cold, wax is one of the most recommended methods for this area of the body. It is sold in all supermarkets and is very easy to use . The most advisable thing is to buy wax bands that are specifically indicated for facial hair . If you do it this way, you will achieve a less painful and longer lasting epilation.
If you opt for hot keep in mind that you should not overheat it. Otherwise you could burn yourself and go down the street with the stain that reveals the frustrated hair removal. If, on the other hand, you end up deciding on cold methods keep in mind that you should give yourself a warm water bath before you can open the pore, making the hair come out more easily and feel less pain.
How to depilate the mustache at home – Step by step
Next, let’s look at the steps you must follow to wax your mustache at home with wax.
- Before you start with your hair removal, you should clean the area with a neutral soap . When the area is clean and dry, you can start shaving.
- Do not use moisturizing cream that is fat before you start . This will prevent the hair from adhering properly to the wax band.
- Place the wax on top of the lip . You can do it with a full strip, but we advise you to do it in two parts . Place the band on the right side of the upper lip following the direction in which the hair grows. Wait a few minutes before pulling it out so that the hairs adhere well. And pull the strip strongly in the opposite direction to which the hair grows. The pull has to be dry and fast .
- To make sure you know how to pull the wax well, keep in mind that the movement has to be following the path of the skin as much as possible. Do not throw up towards the ceiling.
- Next, repeat the same procedure on the left side of the upper lip.
- To avoid pain before removing the wax and during the pull, hold the skin next to it with the other hand. This will not prevent feeling pain, but it will minimize the sensation.
- You can use the tweezers to refine the area and remove those loose hairs that have been left unbooted.
- Once you’re finished, use a moisturizer or gel. It is advisable to use one that has aloe vera in its composition. This cactus te will help prevent inflammation and red spots that come out after hair removal.
How to depilate the mustache at home without wax
If you want to avoid the pain, you are in a hurry or you want to avoid the red spots of the post-waxing, there are other alternative methods that you can use yourself at home. Next, we are going to see how to wax in your mustache at home without wax knowing the best methods for it:
- Tweezers . This method is very effective because it pulls hair from the root, so the results last more or less the same as with wax. However, it has the disadvantage that is a slower method . When having to go pulling hair to hair, it is not recommended for those women who have an abundance of hair in this area.
- Cream . Contrary to what some think, the cream does not pluck the hair by the roots . When it comes in contact with the skin, it makes a chemical reaction that cuts the hair and makes it disappear. Those yes, the results are more durable than with the blade. To prevent skin irritation, follows the manufacturer’s instructions to the letter
- Discoloration . If you have little hair on your upper lip, you will love this method! This type of creams are sold in pharmacies and supermarkets. Although they do not pull the hair, nor cut it by the roots, they dye it blond and make it go unnoticed. Now, is not recommended in heavily populated whiskers since you will make it notice more that your mustache is there on top. It is very important that you do not go over the time recommended by the manufacturer, because otherwise you could burn your skin .
- Epilator facia l . This is a very effective method because mostly plucks the root hair . Those yes, you will have to buy a special head for the facial area, since with the others you could hurt yourself. Try to join both lips, pressing them against each other, when you use it. The only drawback of this method is that sometimes it cuts the hairs instead of plucking them by the roots. On the other hand, it is a fast and clean method .
- Blade (never) . You should never use this system with facial hair, anywhere on the face. The blade makes the hair harden and born stronger and in greater quantity . If you want to keep your mustache from looking like a man’s mustache, never use this method in this area.
Permanent hair removal of facial hair
If, despite all that we have explained before, you do not want to have to shave this area again you should know that there are methods for permanent hair removal of the mustache. Permanent hair removal of facial hair is not recommended for very sensitive skin, although there are no studies that contraindicate it.
Mainly there are two methods of definitive hair removal of the mustache.
Electrolysis, removing hair from the mustache forever
The first is the electrolysis method which involves inserting a small needle into the hair follicle. Once inside, a small electric shock is generated, which will kill the hair root. It is a slow process since hair has to be made in hair, and it has to be repeated several times to be effective. However, being a small area, the mustache may be a good place to use this technique.
Laser to depilate the upper lip
The second is the laser method. This technique has the advantage that removes wider sections of hair so it is faster than the previous method. In general, you will need fewer laser sessions than electrolysis. Despite this, it has the disadvantage that is more expensive . If you opt for the laser, you have to know that this technique is more effective in very dark hair and white skin, so is not recommended for dark skin or blond hair .
Whether you dare to do it themselves at home or those who prefer to end forever with those annoying hairs, now you know everything there is to know about how to shave off your mustache. Follow our advice and you’ll always look perfect!