Know How to shave your own ears is essential for proper hygiene. An excess of hair on this part of the body can cause hearing problems and infections. If you want to know how to do it effectively and avoid injuries, you are in the right place.
In this article you will learn everything there is to know about ear waxing .
Hair in the ears – why does it come out?
This unattractive hair is more typical of men than of women. Even if you did not have hair in your ears when you were young, over the years it is possible that small hairs appear around the ear entrance hole.
This is due to the hormonal changes that all men suffer throughout their lives. Once the trentena is over, it is usual the appearance of these “guests” so inappropriate. The pilosity is evolutionary, so it will increase as years go by.
These hairs can appear randomly in different parts of the ear. Now, it is more common for this to occur in the area of the ear canal in the form of small clusters of hair.
The fact that they grow too thick and too much can cause hearing problems . If they are too long, there is a risk that the wax gets entangled in them, something that can generate infections. That is why it is so important to maintain good hygiene in this area.
Also, the excess of hair on the ears is very annoying and unsightly. In this article you will find the most effective ways to end once and for all these hateful hairs.
The most effective technique: the electric epilator
The electric epilator is the most used device for epilation of the ears. This appliance is also known as a nasal epilator, since it is the same one used to eliminate the annoying hairs that appear from inside the nasal passages.
This type of device can be found in any appliance store at a quite affordable price . It comes with different heads that allow you to reach the inside of the ear without too much trouble. In addition, it is very simple to use .
Learn to eliminate the hairy excess of the ears following these simple steps:
- Removes ear wax . You should not use the epilator if you have wax in your ear. For this reason, first swipe a swab to remove excess wax that may be present.
- If you decide to remove the excess wax by introducing hot water in the ear, you must wait a minimum of 24 hours for the water to dry completely. You should not use the device if you have water inside the ear .
- Put in front of a well-lit mirror to be able to see the inside of the ear. Turn on the razor and open the ear hole as much as you can with your free hand.
- Brings the epilator close to the ear entrance hole. To remove the hairs, you will have to support the device as close as possible to the hairline . The circular head will help you reach the most difficult corners.
- To remove the hair located on the outside, move the rotating blade towards the outside of it. This will prevent cuts in this area.
- A council . You can ask someone to help you the first time you do it.
- When finished, remove the already cut hairs with the help of a piece of cotton.
Three ways to end the hair on the ears
Although the electric epilator is the most effective method and the most used among men, there are also other hair removal techniques that will ensure optimal results. Let’s see what they are.
Plucking the ears with forceps
The hair removal forceps are the most painful method . More than one will drop the tear when using this technique. However, it is a highly recommended method for men who do not have excess hair in this area. As pluck the hair by the roots you will ensure impeccable results for at least three weeks.
To use this technique you will only need two things: a magnifying mirror and a depilatory forceps . Make sure the tweezers are flat-tipped, so you will avoid possible injuries. Never insert the forceps into the ear canal. Otherwise, you could hurt yourself. One tip : remove the hairs one by one, this way you will avoid more pain than necessary.
Remove the hair from the ears with wax
Although it sounds strange, the wax also serves to eliminate the hairs that are born in the opening of the ear. Of course, you have to do it with hot wax . Cold wax will not remove them effectively.
If you are not used to this type of hair removal, you can go to a beauty center to have it done by a professional. It will not cost you five minutes of your time and it will be very economical.
Now, if you are one of those who dare to do it to yourself, follow these simple tips:
- Heat the wax . We recommend reading the manufacturer’s instructions carefully so you do not overheat the wax. Do not go over the recommended minutes. Otherwise, you could burn yourself.
- Controls the temperature . To make sure it is not too hot, apply a little of the product on the back of the hand as a check. When you think it’s at the right temperature, you can start shaving.
- Apply the wax . Apply some wax to the ear entrance hole. The thickness of the strip must not exceed 2 cm.
- Pull the strip . Wait for it to dry for a few seconds so that the hairs are well attached to the wax. Then, pull hard. A single pull will suffice to remove excess hair.
- Soothes the skin . When finished, apply a gel with aloe vera extract to soothe the skin.
Plucking the ears with pulsed light (IPL)
If you want to never again worry about the hygiene of your ears, the treatment of pulsed light is undoubtedly yours. Also called IPL, pulsed light assures you definitive hair removal .
This is a type of hair removal that burns the follicle from the root using small flashes of light. This can be done both on the outside and inside the ears, always protecting the surroundings so as not to remove more hair than necessary.
Although it is a bit more expensive than the rest of hair removal techniques, it has the advantage that you will only need a few sessions to forget forever those annoying little hairs. In addition, it is completely painless. If you want to forget forever the waxing of this area so visible, this is the right method.
Now you know everything there is to know about how to pluck your ears. Put these simple tips into practice to always look perfect.