When we talk about tweezing, we are probably referring to the oldest method that exists. The tweezers are a perfect way to eliminate hair in a very effective way. Of course, it only works in small areas of the body (like the eyebrows ) or to touch up some hair that has remained where it did not touch. Like all forms of hair removal, it has its pros and cons. In this article we want to tell you everything about this method so that you can use it in the correct way. Basic tips on what to do so that it does not hurt the hair removal with tweezers or how to do the hair removal eyebrows with tweezers . Are you interested? Keep reading because we are sure that this article will be very useful for you.
- 1 History of tweezing
- 2 Tips for tweezing
- 3 Benefits of tweezing
- 4 Disadvantages of tweezing
- 5 Risks of tweezing
- 6 Other tips for hair removal with tweezers
- 7 Depilation with electric tweezers
- 8 The advantages of hair removal with electric tweezers
- 9 The disadvantages of electric hair removal
- 10 Depilation of eyebrows step by step with forceps
History of tweezing
When we talk about the concept of hair removal with tweezers we are referring to the fact of being able to eliminate a hair at the root. This fact makes it clear that what we get is that it does not appear in a good season and, therefore, the function of hair removal is assured. You have to keep in mind that it is important that the hair is long so that the clamp can pull it. All this we will explain later. The hair removal with tweezers comes from the Neanderthal man (yes, as you read). There they already used two seashells to pluck the hair and, from there, our system comes.
Tips for tweezing
First of all, you should know that getting a good pair of tweezers is ideal if you want to properly remove the hair at the root. Obviously, from the most expensive to the most economical, they can achieve it, but the difference is that they will do it more or less quickly or more or less efficiently. In fact, when tightening the tweezers it is immediately noticeable whether it is of good quality or not. Check it before buying it. Also, if you use ones that are not too good you can get to an irritated skin by tweezing . So this is, without a doubt, the most important advice we can give you.
Also, keep in mind that it is important that you use cream (aloe vera works very well), to soften them and eliminate them better. Later we explain it to you.
Benefits of tweezing
- Accuracy. Undoubtedly, the precision offered by hair removal with tweezers is its greatest advantage over other methods. When you manage to do it hair by hair, most likely you will not miss one.
- Duration. In addition, if you ask how long the hair removal with tweezers lasts, we tell you that it is undoubtedly the most effective traditional hair removal method. The hair is removed from the follicle and its duration can be more than a week. Growth. Of course, always depend on the pace at which you grow your hair as each person is a world for that subject.
- False myth. We want you to know that the tweezers do not make the hair grow darker as it grows. It is a myth that is not corroborated and you do not have to worry about it.
- Economic . Undoubtedly the most economical method, along with the blade, that you can find. Even if it is an expensive clamp, it will not exceed in any case a waxing or laser .
- Delineators. Linked to precision. They are perfect to delineate specific areas of your body and give it the shape you want.
- It’s annoying but it does not hurt. If the hair removal is done correctly with tweezers it does not have to hurt. As we said before, using aloe vera can minimize the discomfort and bother you less. It is a perfect trick to avoid a painful problem to depilate.
Disadvantages of tweezing
One of the biggest problems with hair removal with tweezers is that, when removing hair by hair, the process is very long. Therefore, we recommend that you use it only in small areas, as we have said before. The eyebrows, the mustache … Or, for example, to remove loose hair that has not been able to remove another used hair removal method or to remove stubborn hair that has come out too soon. What you should know is that in eyebrow hair removal with tweezers hair will take longer to come out than if you remove it from the legs or arms. This is not an urban myth.
Risks of tweezing
The biggest problem you can have is that, for example, with eyebrow hair removal with tweezers, you can exceed. In this case, an excess to pull the hair can take you to not look like you wanted. When it is rooted, it will take time to grow and the problem will not be fixed for a long time. So, go very carefully and keep an eye on what hairs are removed.
Other tips for hair removal with tweezers
- Sense of growth. It is very important that, unlike other methods of hair removal such as cream or wax, this time you cut the hair in the direction of its growth. This way you will avoid possible damage to your skin such as irritation or injury.
- No sudes. Try not to do any activity that involves sweating at least 24 hours later. The objective is that the sweat does not infect the area of hair that has been pulled out and may cause a wound.
Depilation with electric tweezers
The hair removal with electric tweezers is increasingly used by lovers of traditional tweezers. They work by electric current and the tweezers at their tip are responsible for removing the hair flush with the skin and reaching the follicle.
The advantages of hair removal with electric tweezers
- Little trouble. You will not notice any discomfort when you depilate with electric tweezers compared to the previous ones. In fact, if the hair removal is done by a qualified professional for the event you will not notice anything. Of course, you can redden the skin a little but we assure you that it goes very fast and that you will not be able to wear perfect skin at all.
- In any hair. As in laser hair removal it is necessary that the hair is dark, hair removal with tweezers can be applied to any type of hair, whether it is lighter or darker, white or red hair.
- On any skin. Whether it’s tanned, white or black. Anyway, you can use it in any tone. Something that does not have laser hair removal either.
The disadvantages of electric hair removal
- Long sessions. Its main disadvantage is that the sessions can become eternal. Keep in mind that the clamp needs between fifteen seconds and minutes to destroy the hair root. And, in addition, it is not known for sure that it makes it disappear altogether.
- High price. The price is another one of the handicaps of hair removal with electric tweezers. Sometimes, it is usually higher than laser hair removal. The tweezers are very expensive to buy and also to maintain. So it’s no wonder its price.
Depilation of eyebrows step by step with forceps
As we told you, eyebrows are the big stars. Eyebrow hair removal with tweezers at home is one of the methods most used by women (and also more and more men). Therefore, we are going to take this opportunity to tell you how to do a step-by-step eyebrow hair removal with tweezers. Take note!
- Cut. First you have to comb the eyebrow down or up to eliminate and trim the hair that remain. Use a mini scissor or a facial shaver.
- Find the point. Locate where your eyebrow begins. The trick is to put a pencil in the fin of your nose and raise it to the area of hair. Where it will be will be the starting point. What is left between the eyebrows, outside.
- Where it ends. With this same pencil, form a vee to where your eye ends. That same will be the final point of your eyebrow. In this case, everything outside the eye area, too.
- Find a good area. This is very important. Depilate yourself in an area with lots of light and an augmentative mirror. As we’ve told you before, when you pull a hair there’s no going back, so it’s important that you do it right and eliminate only what you have to eliminate.
- When to pluck eyebrows. We recommend that you do it immediately after leaving the shower. The reason is simple, hot water dilates the pores and hair is easier to remove (and bothers less).
- Hydrates the area. It is important that at the end of plucking the eyebrows with tweezers you apply baby cream or cream with aloe vera (it is good for everything). With this you will manage to calm the redness and soon you will look perfect.
As you see the hair removal with tweezers has, as everything, its good part and its bad part, yes, there is no doubt that its precision and drafting effect are very important. Therefore, to touch up your eyebrows, mustache or remove excess hairs, we recommend them one hundred percent. Tell us your impressions!