Waxing oneself is not easy. There are many techniques that will help you look smoother, cleaner and more polished but not all areas are well reached. So, what do we do?
In How to depilate we want to give you all the information you need to learn how to eliminate your hair quickly and easily from your own home without having to go to a professional or spend extra money to look like a body of scandal.
Look smooth and perfect by learning all the hair removal techniques you can do yourself at home!
The hair removal techniques you need to know
Nowadays there is a wide variety of options to eliminate body hair and get your skin in perfect condition: wax, tweezers, depilatory cream, laser… Aesthetics evolve by leaps and bounds and it is common that, on more than one occasion, we feel overwhelmed without really knowing which technique to choose.
But… That’s why we are in How to Shave! We specialise in clearing up any doubts you may have about this and thus helping you to know how to wax in an easy way that is adapted to your preferences and needs.
Because we know that each person is a world, that is why we offer you all the methods of body depilation that currently exist on the market so that you can get to know them and choose the one that best suits you. Let’s get started!
Waxing with a blade or razor and making your body look perfect
Many people have fallen into the temptation of wax This is the fastest and most painless method of removing body hair. The blade can be used at any time of the day to remove that annoying hair that has appeared on your body and, best of all, it doesn’t hurt a bit.
But all that glitters is not gold and, as the saying goes, “To boast, one must suffer. If you opt for depilation with a blade, it is clear that you will manage to eliminate the hair quickly and effectively but… at the cost of what? The next day the hair will grow back strongly and give the sensation that it is “pricking”.
Aspects to consider with the depilation with blade
This happens basically because depilation with a razor is based on cutting the hair that sticks out from the skin, that is, let’s say it’s like when you go to the hairdresser and cut your ends. Isn’t it true that if we do that, then it comes out stronger and healthier? The same happens with body hair, although it is true that it weakens over the years.
Tips for this hair removal technique
Therefore, if you want to wax with a razor you have to take into account these tips:
- Always with wet skin: if you don’t want to hurt or damage your skin, what you have to do is wax in the shower with wet or damp skin. In this way, you reduce the impact of the blade and get maximum protection for your dermis.
- The importance of hydration: after depilation with a razor, it is essential to protect the skin with moisturizing cream to avoid damage and achieve deep repair.
- Avoid delicate areas: if you want to opt for the blade to remove hair you must know that this technique is only recommended in areas such as the legs or armpits, the groin can produce itching and / or itching and, of course, the facial hair never remove it with a blade.
Waxing: tips to be perfect
Wax hurts, we won’t fool anyone. But the truth is that this is one of the best methods of depilation that will allow you to remove the root hair and therefore prevent the hair from growing back too quickly (as happens with the blade).
You have to know that waxing is a very effective technique and, in fact, it is one of the most chosen by women because it allows you not to think about hair for about 3 weeks. Moreover, let us not forget that thanks to wax you manage to weaken the hair and, therefore, with the passage of time this will be born much less strong and abundant.
How to wax at home: tips and tricks
You can do this waxing yourself at home by buying wax strips that can be hot or cold. They are very easy to use and, with practice, you will achieve a very refined effect and you will know how to control the pulling so that it does not hurt too much.
However, most people who opt for waxing They prefer to go to beauty centers because the finish is more professional and, above all, the process is usually faster and less painful. However, the choice will be up to you because at home the price of treatment is much cheaper.
Waxing with cream: the pros and cons of this method
Another hair removal technique that has more followers (both women and men) is depilation with cream because it is based on a completely painless method which, unlike the blade, manages to weaken the hair, causing it to be born with less and less strength and vigour.
However, it should be noted that the way it weakens the hair is much less effective than other more invasive methods such as the aforementioned wax.
Hair removal with cream does not hurt at all
The advantage, however, is very clear: it guarantees soft skin with hardly any pain and gradually makes body hair weaker. This is the main reason why many women choose to wax their moustache with cream as it is very easy to do at home and you only need the product and five minutes of time.
Next, we will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of depilation with cream so that you can decide for yourself if this is the best method for you. Here they go.
Advantages of depilatory cream
- It doesn’t hurt.
- You can do it yourself at home with nothing but the product
- Over time it weakens the hair and therefore makes the area look more polished and smooth
- It’s quick and easy to do
- It is ideal for areas of the body where the wax hurts a lot, such as the mustache or upper lip and the groin
Disadvantages of depilatory cream
- It is not very long-lasting: the truth is that in a week or so, the hair is already visible again on your skin because what the cream does is weaken the root and remove the hair but it does not pull it out, it just falls out.
- It can be irritating: it is important that you do an allergy test before waxing because some of these creams can be very irritating to the skin.
- It is not valid for all areas: parts of the body with the most abundant hair, such as the legs, should not be waxed with cream because the result would not be as quick and, in two days, you would look “fuzzy”.
Shaving: yes or no?
It is one of the most traditional and classic techniques for removing body hair. Waxing with a waxing machine or razor get the hair out of the root and make your skin stay completely clean and hairless for longer.
Thus, it is a method that achieves results very similar to waxing but with the difference that, in this case, it is an electric device whose head moves to remove excess hair from the area. It is therefore easy to use and very practical to carry in your bag or suitcase, which is why it is one of the most widely used methods of hair removal during the holidays.
We have to be honest with you though: waxing hurts. The range of pain will depend on your tolerance of the pain. Some people feel discomfort when using the epilator, but others cannot continue with the treatment. It will be up to you, solely and exclusively, to ensure that waxing does not hurt.
Reducing razor pain
If you want to try waxing, here are some tips that will help you reduce the discomfort as much as possible and achieve a well-defined result:
- Exfoliate your skin first to remove dead cells and allow the razor to do its job properly. Otherwise, the session may last longer than desired and the pain or discomfort may become more prolonged
- Stretch your skin well while you use the razor, this way you will reduce the pain and make the epilator pull the hair out well, avoiding a second (and annoying) pass
- Depilate in the opposite direction of the hair to make sure you are pulling the hair out of the root, otherwise the skin may not fit as you expected
- Do not expose yourself to the sun because when we use a razor we damage our skin and we must let it repair itself at least 24 hours
How to remove hair with a thread: the aesthetic trend you need to know
The epilation with thread is one of the most innovative and popular techniques available today. However, the most surprising thing about it is that it is an ancient method that originated in Indian culture and other Asian regions such as China and Persia. Despite its long tradition, the truth is that in the West it is a great novelty and is gaining more and more followers.
Its success is not only due to the fact that it helps us eliminate facial and body hair, but also has an anti-wrinkle effect that rejuvenates the skin, making our appearance improve considerably in a 100% natural way. Therefore, depilation with threading allows us to remove the hair but, also, to improve our appearance. Great, don’t you think?
Waxing with thread: how to do it
This technique, as its name suggests, is performed with the help of a thread. It has to be stretched and placed vertically in the area to be treated to, with a quick movement, pull out the hair on the skin. This is a form of depilation that is ideal for specific areas, above all, the eyebrows or the moustache; in larger areas such as the legs, it is recommended to opt for other methods because otherwise it would take a long time to achieve the result you are looking for.
Although you can choose to have your hair removed at home, the best thing to do is to go to a professional hair removal centre to learn the technique and see how it is done, especially the first few times. Keep in mind that if you don’t do it right, you could irritate or burn your skin, and you may not be able to get rid of body hair.
Sugar plucking, a natural and amazing technique!
Did you know that there is a natural and very effective hair removal technique? Well, yes! We refer to waxing with sugar and lemonThis is a thousand-year-old method that Egyptian women have been known to use in their many beauty treatments.
It is a simple, homemade way to pluck out the root hair, as if we were using a strip of wax, but with the difference that we do not have to spend money to buy wax and that, in addition, we fill our skin with the nutrients and benefits that sugar and lemon bring to the dermis.
Remember that waxing is an invasive method that can damage and burn our skin, but in this case, if we opt for depilation with sugar and lemon, we will manage to give our body the nutrients of these two foods and at the same time, fulfill an aesthetic function by getting rid of excess hair on our skin.
Benefits of waxing with sugar
- 100% natural method: By mixing sugar and lemon we manage to create a paste similar to wax, that is to say, that traps the hair well and helps us to pull it out from the root. Therefore, we will have a very clean finish without the need to resort to chemicals.
- Lasting results: Another benefit of waxing with sugar and lemon is that this method manages to remove hair from the roots, just like waxing, but without being so aggressive with the health of our skin. Therefore, we will be able to wear hairless legs or armpits for about three weeks.
- Minimal pain: Unlike waxing, waxing with this natural method causes little pain. It is true that you will feel the pull when you want to remove the hair but the pain you will feel will not be anything like the pain you feel when you use wax.
- Exfoliating effect: Thanks to the natural components that we include in this paste, our skin benefits from an exfoliating effect that helps eliminate dead cells and cleanse the skin deeply. Lemon also has a large amount of vitamin C and therefore will be able to heal any scars or wounds that we may have.
For all these reasons, waxing with sugar is so fashionable these days. Many celebrities have already switched to natural hair removal, which is respectful of our skin and also provides us with interesting nutrients.
Laser hair removal, one of the most popular methods
Do you want to know how laser hair removal? You should know that this is a very popular method nowadays because it manages to remove hair almost permanently with a few simple revisions that you will have to do annually to keep the most rebellious hair at bay.
The first thing you have to bear in mind is that this is a technology that can only be found in specialised beauty centres, although it is true that more and more beauty companies are selling laser depilation machines at home. However, up to now, the safest and most common way is to opt for this type of depilation in an aesthetic centre.
How much does laser hair removal cost
It is one of the most popular techniques because it manages to remove body hair in a very durable way as no other method can do. However, the price of this depilation treatment is higher since, normally, a laser depilation session can range from 30 to 80 â?” depending, always, on the area to be treated (it is not the same to depilate some armpits as the whole legs, for example).
Advantages and disadvantages of laser hair removal
- The main advantage of this type of depilation is that it eliminates hair in a very long lasting way, even achieving complete elimination over time.
- One of the disadvantages of this method of hair removal is that the price is considerably higher than any other treatment.
- Another disadvantage is that many people feel discomfort or pain when undergoing this type of hair removal because, depending on the type of skin, it can produce a sensation of irritation or burning.
- One advantage is that, by attending only 5 or 6 sessions, you will be able to considerably reduce the growth of body hair and you will be able to forget about depilation for many months.
If you want to know how to remove hair by laser, you must bear in mind that this method allows you to treat any part of the body, however delicate it may be: back, arms, pubis, chin, upper lip, sideburns, etc.
Tweezing: all you need to know
Many are the people who choose tweezeThis is a very simple, practical and quick technique that will allow you to remove the most unruly hair from your body. However, there is also a lot of confusion when it comes to this type of depilation as, sometimes, there is a tendency to go in too far and make a sort of “hole” or hair void appear which will make the result not be 100% professional.
Perfect tweezing: step by step
So if you want to discover the right way to get a perfect and careful tweezing, you will have to follow these steps that will help you to look your best:
- Trimming hair: in order to correctly depilate with tweezers, the first thing you must do is trim the hair; to do this, you will have to comb the eyebrow or the area you want to depilate and with the help of a small pair of scissors, cut off the excess.
- Look for the exact point between the eyebrows: it is important that you put a pencil on the end of your nose and raise it to the beginning of the eyebrow, where it marks the beginning of your eyebrow and, therefore, the hair on the other side is the one you should remove.
- Searching for the end of the eyebrow: in order for the depilation to be correct, it is also important that you look for where the eyebrow ends and, to do this, you will only have to take the pencil and form a V, placing it at the end of the eye, at the corner. This is where your eyebrow has to end and therefore the rest of the hair has to be removed.
- Depilate with light: now that you know how long your eyebrow needs to be for depilation to be correct, the next thing you need to do is find a space with enough light to be able to remove the hair concisely. The aid of a magnifying mirror is also a good idea to achieve an optimal result.
In addition, the best time to pluck your eyebrows with tweezers is when you get out of the shower because, at this time, your skin pores are dilated and it will be much easier for you to extract the hair from the depths. When you finish with the depilation, hydrate the area so that it is cared for as much as possible.
Depilation with a wax: yes or no?
Although wax It may seem a bit obsolete, but the truth is that there are still many women and men who opt for this method to remove excess hair in areas of the body where there is an abundance: legs, back or armpits are some of the parts of the body where the epilator can be used.
The truth is that, if you want, depilating with a waxing machine is a very effective method to help you remove the abundant hair that may be on your body; however, to take maximum care of your skin it is important that you take into account a series of basic recommendations and advice. They’re next:
Tips for waxing
- A warm bath beforehand: we recommend that, in order to reduce the pain of this method of depilation as much as possible, you choose to take a warm bath that will help to open the pores in your skin and facilitate the removal of hair.
- Ice bags to reduce pain: if epilation with a depilator produces intense pain, it is best to soothe the area by applying cold; therefore, the use of ice bags is an ideal option to numb the area and avoid feeling discomfort.
- Opposite direction to hair: if you use a depilatory machine to remove body hair, you must always pass the machine in the opposite direction to the hair so that the depilation is deep and the skin is completely clean.
- Moisturize your skin: and finally, it is essential that you moisturize the skin on your body after using this method of hair removal because it is a bit aggressive and the dermis will need to calm down and recover.
How to wax your body: zone by zone
Learning how to shave your legs is not the same as learning how to shave other more delicate areas of the body such as the groin, armpits or testicles. That is why, in this section, we are going to tell you how to wax the different areas of the body with essential advice that you must know to achieve an impeccable result.
Waxing your pubes properly
Do you want to learn how to shave your pubes correctly and easily? You have to take into account that this is a sensitive area of the body and therefore you should try to follow a gentle technique especially designed for this intimate part. In addition, unlike other parts, pubic hair is much thicker and harder, so it can be more complicated to pluck.
How to wax effectively
Here are some of the best techniques for quick and easy pubic hair removal:
- Depilation with cream: it is a very simple and painless way to remove pubic hair and achieve impeccable results. Yes, you have to take into account that, in order for the area to be clean, you should depilate once a week or every 15 days because the hair is not pulled out, it just falls out.
- Waxing the pubic area: This is one of the most common methods of waxing this area of the body because very effective and long-lasting results are achieved. However, it can produce some pain because this area is very sensitive and the hair is excessively thick.
- Laser hair removal: This is the best way to remove hair from the pubic area properly. To do this, it is vital that you go to an aesthetic center and that a professional is responsible for carrying out this method effectively. With the laser you will achieve an impeccable, painless and, above all, long-lasting result!
How to wax your mustache
Another area of the body that is more difficult to wax is the moustache area, that is, the hair above the upper lip. This type of hair removal is done by many women who have some dark hair on this part of their face, which can affect their appearance.
But how do you shave your moustache properly so that the result is the right one? Well, the best way to do this is through techniques that help weaken the hair, such as:
- Hair removal cream
These three techniques are the most suitable for this area of the body because they manage to protect this delicate area of the skin and, at the same time, contribute to the hair coming out in a weaker and lighter way. Above all, avoid using razors because they could make the hair grow much harder and, in the end, give the sensation of “pricking”.
Shave your legs easily
Do you want to learn how to wax at home? You need to know that there are many ways you can remove leg hair and that, if you have time and patience, you can do it perfectly at home. However, if you want a 100% professional finish, it is best to go to a beauty or depilation centre as there are areas that will be difficult to reach (especially behind the thigh, knee, etc.).
Tips for choosing the best method of leg waxing
In order to know how to shave your legs, it is important that you take into account aspects such as the fact that it is a very wide area of your body and that there may be corners that are difficult to reach. Therefore, bearing all this in mind, here are some tips that will help you shave your legs at home:
- Cold wax strips: this is one of the simplest and most popular methods for people to wax at home. They are easy to apply and also get a fairly professional finish.
- Depilation with foam or depilatory cream: in addition to normal cream, there is now another type of product that is much more convenient to apply to an area as large as the legs. The shaving foam works in a similar way to the cream and to use it, you only have to put it on the whole area you want to depilate and let it work for a few minutes. Then you rinse with warm water and you’re done!
- Razor blade: this is not the most recommended method because hair tends to grow on the legs much faster than on other parts of the body. Also, the shapes of your legs have curves that can cause the blade to hurt you and cause blood to appear.
- Epilator: it is a very effective method of depilating the legs at home easily and quickly. Once you get used to its method and its “pull” you will get a very smooth and impeccable finish. That’s right: the process can be a bit annoying, especially if you’ve never done it before, and it can take about 15 or 20 minutes.
Eyebrow waxing: tips for doing it right
One of the most important parts of the face are the eyebrows. They make our features have a sweeter or more aggressive expression, and the intensity of our gaze will also depend on their design. This is why it is very important to learn how to pluck your eyebrows correctly and achieve an attractive and striking result.