Do you want to remove the hairs that protrude from the nostrils ? Knowing how to pluck the nose is a concern for both men and women. However, before going crazy with too aggressive hair removal techniques, you should know that these hairs play a role in the body .
In this article we tell you everything you need to know about how to eliminate these unsightly hairs.
- 1 The hairs of the nose – what are they for?
- 2 Excess of hair on the nose
- 3 Nasal Hair Removal Techniques
- 4 Waxing your nose with wax? Never!
The hairs of the nose – what are they for?
The first thing you have to know is that these annoying hairs are not there just to cause us aesthetic problems. Quite the contrary. The hairs of the nose are a complement of the immune system . They are the gateway to the air we breathe, which is loaded with bacteria and germs.
These hairs act as defensive barrier against all kinds of pathogens that travel suspended in the air. They are responsible for preventing the entry of these particles into the interior of our respiratory system. That is, they are the first body filter that prevents germs from entering and being installed in our body.
Another of its functions is to moisten the air we breathe . Moistened air is crucial for the proper functioning of the rest of the respiratory system, such as the larynx or the lungs. Excessive hair removal could block this function and cause respiratory problems.
For all of this, avoids the complete elimination of nasal hairs . You can disguise their presence in different ways, but NEVER depilate them in their entirety. In this article we explain how to eliminate them effectively without running any risk to our health.
Excess of hair on the nose
Although men tend to have a more crowded nose than women, some of them also have excess hair in this area of the face. It is common to see them peek out from under the nostrils as if they had a life of their own. And, although we know that it is not convenient to eliminate them, they produce a discomfort too great for us to pretend that they are not there.
If you have many, we recommend that you choose to disguise them by cutting them at the roots with a pair of scissors or a specific machine for this. If, on the other hand, you do not have a very crowded nose, you can eliminate them altogether using a cosmetic forceps .
Just disguising them or deciding to eliminate them completely is a decision that concerns everyone. The best option will always be to cut them before they start to peek. Now, if you do not have many, you can also uproot them by following the advice you’ll find in this article.
Nasal Hair Removal Techniques
The first thing you have to know is that there are specific techniques to remove this hair so annoying. As it is such a delicate area that fulfills such an important function for our organism, it is very important not to eliminate them completely.
The complete elimination of these hairs could provoke you respiratory problems such as sinusitis or respiratory infections, as well as increase the tendency to suffer from allergies. Knowing this, the final decision is in your hands.
In this article we will look at the nasal hair removal techniques that exist and how to carry them out to put an end to these facial hairs once and for all.
Cut the hairs of the nose with scissors
This is the most used method among women. For the correct use of scissors, follow these simple tips:
- Buy specific scissors for this purpose . They sell them in all the pharmacies. You will recognize them because they have the round tip. Do not even think about putting a scissors with a sharp point in your nostril. You could cut yourself or prick yourself.
- Once you have the scissors at hand, you can start shaving. With the help of a cosmetic tweezers, see pulling the hairs one by one from the inside of the nasal cavity. This will help to choose which hairs have to be removed and which ones should stay where they are.
- Cut the hairs with the help of the scissors. For this, bring the scissors as close as you can to the area where the hair is born and cut from there. The closer to the cuts, the better .
- Cut only the hairs that bother you aesthetically . Remember that the hairs have the function of stopping any foreign element that enters our body.
Remove the nasal hair with forceps
The tweezers are the only recommended technique for this area that pulls root hair. This means that the results will last you much longer than with the other techniques. Now, it is much more painful and you run the risk of getting small injuries.
We explain how to do it in four simple steps:
- First select the hairs you want to delete . You just have to rip out the ones that pop below the nostrils. In no case should you get rid of hairs that can not be seen from outside.
- Once you have them located, pull each of them in the opposite direction to your birth, which is usually down. You have to remove the hairs one by one .
- It is normal for a tear to fall from the eye that corresponds to the hole you are shaving. This happens because the nasal cavities are internally connected with the lacrimal. Dry the tears and repeat the operation on the other side of the nose.
- When finished, heats water and inhales the mist . This will help to relax the area. You can also take an infusion of chamomile. Exhaling gases from this plant will calm the area and prevent possible infections.
Remove the hair with a nasal epilator
This type of electric razors are specially designed to eliminate this nasal hair . You can buy them in appliance stores and some supermarkets. This technique is one of the most used among men.
The nasal epilator has a circular head which is specially designed for the nasal passages. Its operation is exactly the same as that of the scissors: it cuts the hair, it does not start it. This is undoubtedly the most recommended for this body area.
Cream for depilating the nose
Currently, there are specific creams for hair removal of the nose . You can buy them at any pharmacy or a drugstore. Its operation is the same as any other similar product designed for the removal of body hair.
However, it is not recommended to use this method in this delicate area. It is very difficult to calculate the amount of product you put in the cavity, so the hair removal could be complete.
If you decide on this method, try not to do it very often and see alternating it with the other techniques. Try to limit its use to extreme cases, when you see that the amount of hair is excessive.
Laser technology to remove hair from the nose
This method is one of the most requested by men who want to end once and for all with nasal hair. It is a permanent hair removal technique that is currently also practiced on this part of the face.
If you opt for permanent hair removal, you have to know that will not cost you much money since it is a very small area. In addition, in a few sessions you can eliminate forever those hairs so annoying and antitestéticos.
However, remember that the total removal of hair from this area is not recommended. But, if these hairs bother you a lot and are a complex for you, laser hair removal can be a good solution for your problem.
Waxing your nose with wax? Never!
Some people who have used trimming techniques for a long time encounter the problem that every day they have more hair on this part of the face. This is because trimming hair causes it to be born in greater quantity.
People suffering from this problem are considering the possibility of using wax in this delicate area. However, it is not recommended to use it to eliminate nasal hairs, since can cause serious injuries . The pull of the wax can cause small internal bleeds that could lead to more serious health problems.
Whatever your choice, now you know everything there is to know about how to pluck your nose. And remember: do not go shaving this area or you could have health problems.