Do you want to wear some nice and soft legs ? Knowing four useful tricks on how to depilate your legs will help you to have them always perfect without damaging the skin. Whether you are a man or a woman, in this article you will find tips on how to show off your legs during the whole year.
- 1 Exfoliate the legs before beginning
- 2 Say goodbye to leg hair with hot wax
- 3 How to shave the legs
- 4 Plucking the legs of men: the keys to choosing the right method
Exfoliate the legs before beginning
Choose the method of hair removal that you choose, it is essential that you exfoliate the skin a few days before. This will help eliminate the dead cells that accumulate in the dermis, contributing to the buried hairs coming to the surface and you can start them without difficulty. This way you will get some smooth and smooth legs for a longer time .
Exfoliation is an infallible trick for to prevent ingrown hairs . Yes, you heard correctly. Those odious granites that are installed on your legs after waxing can be easily avoided by exfoliating the skin properly. So, take note of the advice we give you below.
Three tips for a correct exfoliation
- Buy a coarse-grained body scrub . These exfoliants are especially designed for body areas where the skin is thicker. The small grain ones are for the face, that is, they are designed for softer and finer skin.
- Enter the shower to apply the product. This will avoid dirtying the floor. To achieve an optimal result, apply the exfoliating grains with a circular motion . It is important that you do not put too much pressure, the product will act on its own without it being necessary to scrub it with force.
- Let it act for a few minutes and rinse it with water. Do not depilate until 24 hours after of exfoliate legs . The skin is too sensitive to subject it to another new aggression.
Say goodbye to leg hair with hot wax
More than half of women who shave do so using this method. Although it is a little painful, the wax assures you to wear legs without a hair for at least the next three weeks. Also, when plucking the root hairs, the hairs become weak and come out less thick as you use it.
The advantage of using this product is that the contact of the hot wax with the dermis causes the pore to open. This facilitates hair removal, so you will not feel so much pain . The only drawback is that you will have to wait until the hair grows a minimum of 2 mm. Otherwise, the wax would not be effective. So, if you have a last-minute unexpected, keep in mind that wax is not a tool for emergencies .
Depilation of the legs step by step
- Heat the wax . Put the wax in the microwave carefully reading the manufacturer’s instructions. It is important that you do not spend time! Before applying it to your legs, put some of the product on the back of your hand to make sure it is not too hot.
- Start hair removal . With the help of a spatula, apply the wax following the direction of hair growth. Make a strip about the size of a depilatory band. The thickness of the wax should not exceed 2 cm.
- Pull the strip . Wait a few seconds for the wax to dry a little, so you’ll make sure all the hairs are attached to the strip. Then, pull it against the grain. To avoid pain, hold the opposite end of the skin with your free hand.
- Repeat the operation . Apply wax in each area that is not waxed. You can pluck half of the legs or full legs. Keep in mind that in each area the hair has a different direction. Look closely at the direction of the hair before applying the wax.
- Soothes the skin . When finished, apply a gel on the skin. As the pore will be open, it is not advisable to use a fat cream. The best option is to use an aloe vera gel. This plant has anti-inflammatory properties that will help prevent red spots that come out after hair removal.
How to shave the legs
In case you’re in a hurry, the blade is the fastest method . It is very easy to use and has the advantage that you can do it while you are in the shower. The only problem is that it does not pull the hair by the roots, so its results are not as long-lasting.
It is common to irritate the skin when you do not know how to shave your legs. Follow these tips and you will avoid possible injuries:
- Uses shaving foam . You should never shave your legs without protecting them beforehand with a foam or soap. If you pass the blade directly on the skin, there is a very high possibility that you irritate the dermis. If you want to avoid subsequent itching, always apply a shaving foam.
- Use a good blade . Buy a suitable blade for female hair removal. Avoid razors that only have one blade, as they could irritate the skin. The harder the shaving is, the less risk of irritation. Therefore, buy a blade with three or four blades. When you notice that it is not effective, change it to a new one.
- Shave all areas . Pass the blade in the opposite direction to which the hair is born. Start at the ankle and go up with long upward movements. Take special care in the area of the knees and ankles, since that is where there is more risk of cuts.
- Hydrates the skin . It is very important to moisturize the skin well after shaving your legs. Proper hydration will prevent the skin from becoming irritated.
Plucking the legs of men: the keys to choosing the right method
Male hair removal is becoming more widespread. 88% of men claim to have shaved at least once in their life. The most common areas of hair removal in men are the chest, beard, abdomen and legs, although more and more are choosing other areas such as the eyebrows, armpits or arms.
The changes in the current aesthetic fashion have caused men to get on the car of hair removal. Although sport has favored this change from the male aesthetic treatment more and more people opt for waxing one or more areas of their body as a continuous habit.
Most men who wax for the first time opt for the blade or cream, since these methods are painless . However, men who take it as a continued habit, decide to try other more durable methods after seeing the results.
There are five main methods to end male hair. We explain the advantages and disadvantages of choosing one or the other.
Shaving with blade
If you are used to shaving your beard, it is a method that will be very easy to use, since it works in the same way in any other body area. The great advantage of this method is that you can shave yourself without leaving home, avoiding the hurry to go to an aesthetic center.
This technique is very aggressive for the skin since cuts are common and usually cause posterior itching. In addition, it promotes the appearance of granites. To avoid cuts, try not to use it in specific areas such as the genitals or hands. And, of course, always moisturizes the skin after shaving.
Male depilatory cream
Along with the blade, this is the method most used among men, since it is completely painless . However, by not pulling the hairs from the root, the result will only last between 2 and 3 days. In addition, creams act by burning hair through chemical processes that irritate the skin, so it is not dangerous to use them in areas of delicate skin, such as the male genital part.
We recommend that you buy a specific cream for men, since male body hair is thicker than that of women. To know which body areas are contraindicated for the use of this product, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to the letter.
Using the electric razor on the legs of men
The current electric machines incorporate different heads for a correct removal of body hair. If you want to reduce hair without eliminating it, this is your method.
The electric machine is an exclusive technique of men, women hardly use it. However, this method does not allow enough time to shave in sensitive areas such as the genitals.
Male waxing with wax
Although its results last between three weeks and one month this method is still little used among men. However, this technique is less aggressive with the skin and ensures that the hair will not get thicker as you shave.
On the other hand, the amount of hair does not decrease in men who use wax. If you opt for this hair removal, we recommend that go to an aesthetic center at least the first time. This way you will learn the technique of waxing and it will be easier for you to do it alone at home the next time.
Now you know everything there is to know about how to depilate your legs. Put these tips into practice and you’ll have smooth, beautiful legs all year round.