Shaving oneself is not an easy task. There are many techniques that will help you to look a softer, cleaner and smoother body but you can not reach all areas well. So, what do we do?
In How to depilate we want to give you all the information so you can learn to remove your hair quickly and easily from your own home without having to go to a professional or spend money more to show off a body of scandal.
Wear a smooth and perfect body by learning all the techniques of hair removal that you can do yourself at home!
The hair removal techniques you have to know
Currently there is a great variety of options to remove body hair and get your skin to be in perfect condition: wax, tweezers, depilatory cream, laser … Aesthetics evolves in steps It is common that, on more than one occasion, we feel overwhelmed without knowing very well which technique to choose.
But … that’s what we’re doing in How to shave! We specialize in clearing any doubts you may have about it and, like this, to help you know how to shave in an easy way and adapted to your preferences and needs.
Because we know that every person is a world, that’s why, we put at your disposal all the methods of body hair removal that currently exist in the market so that you know them and you can choose the one that best suits you ] We start!
Shaving with razor or razor and make your body perfect
Many people have been tempted to depilate with razor and that is the fastest and painless method to remove body hair. ] The blade can be used at any time of day to remove that annoying hair that has appeared on the body and, best of all, it does not hurt a bit.
But everything that glitters is not gold and, as the saying goes, “To show off, you have to suffer”. If opting for hair removal with a blade it is clear that you will get rid of hair quickly and effectively but … at the expense of what? The next day the hair will be born again with force and it will give the sensation of “pricking”.
Aspects to consider with hair removal with a blade
This basically happens because razor hair removal is based on cutting the hair that protrudes from the skin that is, let’s say it’s like when you go to the hairdresser and cut the ends. Is it true that if we do that, then it comes out stronger and healthier? Well the same happens with body hair although, it is true, that over the years is weakening.
Tips for this hair removal technique
Therefore, if you want to shave with a blade you have to keep these tips in mind :
- Always with wet skin : if you do not want to hurt yourself or damage your skin, what you have to do is shave in the shower, having wet or damp skin. In this way, you reduce the impact of the blade and get maximum protection of your dermis.
- The importance of hydration : after epilating with a blade it is essential that the skin is protected with a moisturizer to avoid damaging it and getting it repaired in depth.
- Avoid delicate areas : if you want to opt for the blade to remove hair you have to know that this technique is only recommended in areas such as the legs or armpits; English can cause itching and / or stinging and, of course, facial hair is never removed with a razor.
Waxing with wax: tips to be perfect
The wax hurts, we’re not going to fool anybody. But, the truth is that it is about one of the best methods of hair removal that will allow you to eliminate the hair at the root and, therefore, prevent the hair from being born too quickly (as it happens with the blade).
You have to know that wax is a very effective technique and that, in fact, is one of the most chosen by women because it allows you not to think about hair for about 3 weeks. Also, do not forget that thanks to the wax you get to weaken the hair and, therefore, with the passage of time it will be born much less strong and abundant.
How to wax at home with wax: tips and tricks
This hair removal you can make it yourself at home by buying wax bands that can be hot or cold. They are very easy to use and, with practice, you will get a very refined effect and you will know how to control the pulls well so that it does not hurt too much.
However, most people who opt for the waxing prefer to go to beauty centers because the finish is more professional and, above all, the process is usually be faster and less painful. Anyway, the choice will depend on you because at home the price of the treatment is much cheaper.
Shaving with cream: the pros and cons of this method
Another hair removal technique that has more followers (both women and men) is the depilation with cream since it is based on a method completely painless ] and that, unlike the blade, it manages to weaken the hair, causing it to be born with less strength and vigor each time.
However, it should be noted that the way in which it weakens the hair is much less effective than that of other more invasive methods such as the aforementioned wax.
Hair removal with cream does not hurt ANYTHING
The advantage, nevertheless, is very clear: and that is that without suffering hardly any pain, guarantees a smooth skin and, little by little, makes the body hair weaker. This is the main reason why many women choose to shave their mustache with cream as it is very easy to do at home and, for this, you do not need anything more than that product and five minutes of time.
Next, we will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of waxing with cream so that you value yourself if this is the best method for you. Here they go.
Advantages of depilatory cream
- It does not hurt
- You can do it yourself at home without needing anything more than the product
- Over time it weakens the hair and, therefore, will make the area look smoother and smoother
- It’s quick and easy to do
- It is ideal for areas of the body where the wax hurts a lot like, for example, the mustache or upper lip and groin
Disadvantages of hair removal with cream
- It is not very durable: the truth is that in a week, more or less, the hair is already visible on your skin since what the cream does is to weaken the root and eliminate hair but not it starts, it just falls.
- It can be irritating: it is important that, before shaving with cream, you do an allergy test because some of these creams can be very irritating to the skin.
- Not valid for all areas: body parts with the most abundant hair such as legs are not recommended to shave with cream because the result would not be the same and, in two days, you would see “fuzz”
Shaving with razor: yes or no?
It is one of the most traditional and classic techniques to be able to eliminate body hair. Epilating with epilator or razor manages to pluck hair from the root and make your skin stay completely clean and hair-free for longer.
Thus, it is a method that achieves results very similar to wax but with the difference that, in this case, it is an electrical device whose head moves to remove excess hair ] of the area. It is, therefore, easy to use and very practical to carry in your travel bag or suitcase, for this reason, it is one of the most used methods of hair removal during the holidays.
However we must be honest with you: depilate with razor hurts. The range of pain will depend on your tolerance to it because there are people who feel discomfort when using the epilator but others who can not continue with the treatment. It will depend on you, only and exclusively you, that the hair removal with razor does not hurt you.
Reduce the pain of the razor
If you want to try epilating with an epilator, here we are going to give you some tips that will help you minimize the discomfort and get the result well defined:
- Exfoliate your skin before to eliminate dead cells and allow the razor to do its job correctly. Otherwise, the session could last longer than desired and the pain or discomfort lengthen further
- It will stretch your skin while you pass the razor because, thus, you will reduce the pain and get the epilator to start the hair well avoiding a second (and annoying) pass
- Shake in the opposite direction of the hair to make sure you are pulling the hair from the root, otherwise, it may be that the skin does not fit as you expected
- Do not expose yourself to the sun because when we use hair removal with a razor we damage our skin and we must let it be repaired at least 24 hours
How to depilate with thread: the aesthetic tendency that you have to know
The hair removal with thread is one of the most innovative and popular techniques that exist today. However, the most surprising of all is that it is a millenarian method from the Indian culture and other Asian regions such as China or Persia. Despite its long tradition, the truth is that in the West it is a great novelty and, increasingly, it is gaining more followers and faithful followers.
Its success not only lies in the fact that it helps to eliminate facial and body hair, but also has a anti-wrinkle effect that rejuvenates the skin making our appearance improve considerably in a 100% way natural. Therefore, epilating with thread allows us to remove the hair but also improve our appearance. Great, do not you think?
Depilation with thread: how to make it
This technique, as its name suggests, is done with the help of a thread . It has to be tensed and placed vertically in the area to be treated so that, with a quick movement, the hair that is on the skin can be removed. It is a form of hair removal that is suitable for specific areas, especially eyebrows or mustache; In larger areas such as the legs, it is recommended to opt for other methods because, otherwise, it would take a long time to achieve the result you are looking for.
While it is true that you can choose to shave with thread at home, the most recommended is that, especially the first times, go to a professional hair removal center to learn the technique and see well How is it done. Keep in mind that if you do not do it right, you could irritate or burn the skin, in addition to not getting rid of body hair.
Shaving with sugar, a natural and surprising technique!
Did you know that there is a natural and very effective hair removal technique? You are right! We refer to depilating with sugar and lemon a thousand-year-old method and that, in fact, it is known that Egyptian women performed it in their many beauty treatments.
It’s about a simple and homemade way to pluck the hair by the roots as if we were using a wax band, but with the difference that we do not have to spend money to buy wax and that, In addition, we fill our skin with the nutrients and benefits that sugar and lemon brings to the dermis.
Remember that wax is an invasive method that can damage and burn our skin but, in this case, if we opt for a hair removal with sugar and lemon, we will get to give our body the nutrients of these two foods ] and, at the same time, perform an aesthetic function by getting rid of excess skin hair.
Benefits of hair removal with sugar:
- 100% natural method : When mixing with sugar and lemon we create a paste similar to wax, that is, it traps the hair well and helps us to pull it from the root . Therefore, we will have a very close and clean finish without the need to resort to chemical products.
- Long-lasting results : Another benefit of hair removal with sugar and lemon is that this method removes hair from the roots, like wax, but without being so aggressive with the health of our skin . Therefore, we can wear legs or underarms without hair for about three weeks.
- Minor pain : Unlike wax, hair removal with this natural method causes little pain. Yes, it is true that you will feel the pull when you want to remove the hair, but the pain you will notice will not even look like the pain you feel when using wax.
- Exfoliating effect: Thanks to the natural components that we include in this paste, our skin benefits from an exfoliating effect that helps to eliminate dead cells and to clean the skin in depth. The lemon, in addition, has a large amount of vitamin C and, therefore, will heal any scar or injury that we may have.
For all these reasons, waxing with sugar is currently so fashionable. Many celebrities have already switched to natural hair removal that is respectful to our skin and that also provides us with interesting nutrients.
Laser hair removal, one of the most popular methods
Want to know how laser hair removal ? You should know that it is a method that is currently very popular because it gets to eliminate hair almost permanently with a few simple rehearsals that you must do on an annual basis to keep the most unruly hair at bay.
The first thing you have to keep in mind is that it is a technology that you can only find in specialized beauty centers, although it is true that there are more and more beauty companies that offer laser hair removal machines for sale. home. However, so far, the safest and most common is to opt for this type of hair removal in an aesthetic center.
How much does laser hair removal cost
This is one of the most popular techniques since it manages to eliminate body hair in a very durable way as no other method can achieve. But, yes: the price of said hair removal treatment is higher since, normally, a session of laser hair removal can vary between 30 to 80 € depending, always, of the area to be treated ( it is not the same to pluck armpits that the whole legs, for example).
Advantages and disadvantages of laser hair removal
- The biggest advantage of this type of hair removal is that removes hair very durably and even eliminates it completely over time.
- One of the drawbacks of this method of hair removal is that the price is considerably higher than any other treatment.
- Another disadvantage is that many people feel discomfort or pain when undergoing this type of hair removal since, depending on the type of skin, it can produce a sensation of irritation or burning.
- An advantage is that by going only 5 or 6 sessions you will already reduce the growth of body hair considerably, making you forget about hair removal for many months.
If you want to know how to laser-depilate, you should bear in mind that this method allows to treat any part of the body, no matter how delicate it may be: back, arms, pubis, chin, upper lip, sideburns, etc.
Shaving with tweezers: everything you need to know
Many people choose tweezing a very simple, practical and quick technique that will allow you to remove the most unruly hair from your body . However, there are also many confusions at the time of performing this hair removal because, sometimes, it tends to get too much and make you see a kind of “hole” or hair vacuum that will make the result is not 100% professional .
Perfect tweezing: step by step
For this reason, if you want to discover the right way to get a perfect hair removal and careful, you have to follow these steps to help you shine perfect:
- Trim the hair: to be able to depilate correctly with tweezers, the first thing you should do is trim the hair; for this, you will have to comb the eyebrow or the area that you want to pluck and with the help of some small scissors, cut the excess.
- Find the exact point between the eyebrows: It is important that you put a pencil on the fin of your nose and raise it to the beginning of the eyebrow, at the point where you mark is where you start eyebrow and, therefore, the hair that is on the other side is the one that you will have to eliminate.
- Find the end of the eyebrow: for the hair removal to be correct it is also important that you look where the eyebrow ends and, for that, you will only have to take the pencil and form a V placing it at the end of the eye, in the corner. That’s where you have to finish your eyebrow and, therefore, the rest of the hair should be removed.
- Depílate with light: now that you know how long your eyebrow needs to be so that the hair removal is correct, the next thing you have to do is look for a space with enough light to be able to eliminate the hair concisely. The help of a magnifying mirror is also a good idea to get an optimal result.
In addition, the best time to pluck your eyebrows is when you leave the shower because, at this moment, the pores of the skin are dilated and it will be much easier to extract the hair from the depth. When finished with hair removal, hydrates the area so that it is taken care of to the maximum.
Depilating with an epilator: yes or no?
Although depilating with epilator seems a somewhat obsolete method, the truth is that there are still many women and men who choose this method to eliminate excess hair in areas of the body where there is abundance: legs, back or armpits are some of the parts of the body where the epilator can be used.
The truth is that, if you want, epilating with epilator is a very effective method to help you remove the abundant hair that may be in your body; However, to take maximum care of your skin it is important that you take into account a series of recommendations and basic tips. They are the following:
Tips for epilating with epilator
- A warm bath beforehand : we recommend that, in order to reduce the pain caused by this method of hair removal, choose a hot bath that will help you to open the pores of the skin and facilitate the removal of hair.
- Ice packs to reduce pain : in the event that hair removal with epilator produces intense pain, it is best to calm the area by applying cold; Therefore, the use of ice packs is an ideal option to get numb the area and avoid feeling discomfort.
- Sense contrary to hair: If you use an epilator to remove body hair you must always do so by passing the machine in the opposite direction of the hair so that the hair removal is deep and the skin is completely clean.
- Hydrate your skin : and finally, it is essential that you hydrate your skin after using this method of hair removal because it is a slightly aggressive technique and the dermis will need to calm down and recover .
How to depilate the body: zone to zone
It is not the same to learn how to depilate the legs than other more delicate areas of the body such as the groin, the armpits or the testicles. It is for this reason that, in this section, we are going to take care of telling you how to depilate the different areas of the body with essential tips that you have to know to achieve an impeccable result.
Depiling the pubis correctly
Do you want to learn how to epilate the pubis correctly and simply? You have to bear in mind that, this is a sensitive area of the body and that, therefore, you should try to follow a soft technique specially designed for this intimate part. Also, unlike other parts, pubic hair is much thicker and harder, therefore, it can be more complicated to remove hair.
How to depilate effectively
Here we leave some of the best techniques to pluck the pubis easily and quickly:
- Depilation with cream : it is a very simple and painless way to remove pubic hair and get impeccable results. Of course, you have to keep in mind that, for the area to be clean, you should shave once every week or every 15 days because the hair is not pulled off, it just falls off.
- Waxing the pubis with wax: is one of the most common methods of waxing this area of the body because very effective and long-lasting results are achieved. However, it can cause some pain because this area is very sensitive and the hair is excessively thick.
- Laser hair removal : this is the best way to depilate the pubic area correctly. For this, it will be vital that you go to an aesthetic center and that a professional is responsible for performing this method effectively. With the laser you will achieve an impeccable, painless and, above all, lasting result!
How to depilate the mustache
Another area of the body that is more difficult to remove is the area of the mustache, that is, the hair that is on the upper lip. This type of hair removal is done by many women who have some dark hair on this part of the face and that can affect their aesthetics.
But how does depilate his mustache correctly so that the result is the right one? Well, the best way to do it is through techniques that help to weaken the hair as, for example:
- Depilatory cream
These three techniques are the most suitable for this area of the body because they manage to protect this delicate area of the skin and, at the same time, contribute to the hair coming out weaker and lighter. Avoid, above all, the use of razors because it could cause the hair to be born much harder and that, in the end, it would give the sensation of “pinchas”.
Shaving the legs easily
Do you want to learn to shave at home? You have to know that there are many ways to remove hair from the legs and that, if you have time and patience, you can do it perfectly at home. However, if you want a 100% professional finish it is best to go to an aesthetic or hair removal center as there are areas that will cost you to reach (especially behind the thigh, knee, etc.).
Tips for choosing the best method for shaving your legs
To know how to depilate the legs it is important that you take into account aspects such as, for example, it is a very large area of your body and that, in addition, there may be difficult corners to reach. Therefore, taking into account all this, here are some tips that will help you to be able to depilate your legs at home :
- Cold Wax Bands: is one of the simplest and most popular methods among people who wax at home. They are easy to apply and, in addition, they get a very professional finish.
- Depilation with foam or depilatory cream: In addition to the normal cream, there is now another type of product that is much more comfortable to apply in an area as wide as the legs. The shaving foam acts in a similar way to the cream and, to use it, you only have to put it in the whole area that you want to depilate and let it act for a few minutes. Then, you rinse with warm water and that’s it!
- Shaving blade: is not the most recommended method because in the legs the hair grows much faster than in other parts of the body. Also, the shapes of the legs have curvatures that can cause the blade to make you wounds and appear blood.
- Epilator : it is a very effective method of shaving the legs at home easily and quickly. Once you get used to their method and their “pulls” you will get an impeccable and very smooth finish. Of course: the process can be a bit annoying, especially if you have never done it before, and it can last 15 or 20 minutes.
Eyebrow shaving: tips for doing it right
One of the most important parts of the face are the eyebrows . They get our factions to have a sweeter or more aggressive expression, as well as, from their design, the intensity of our gaze will also depend. It is for this reason that it is very important to learn to pluck the eyebrows correctly and achieve an attractive and striking result.